This is historical development documentation that was migrated from a now-defunct wiki. The content was first created on December 12, 2008, and last updated on December 18, 2008. The contents were migrated to the AtoM wiki in July 2015. Some changes have been made to the layout for greater legibility; otherwise the content is unchanged. See the DCB development project landing page for more information: Alouette Toolkit (DCB).
DC template documentation navigation
Simple DC contains two "indexing" elements: subject and coverage.
- In Qualified DC, coverage is refined by two qualifiers: temporal and spatial.
Instead of trying to implement Simple and Qualified separately, use the standard Qubit access points interface with DC labels.
- Means using DC Qualified even in DC Simple template.
- DC subject element.
- Handle by Qubit term via related records in object_term_relation table.
- No strict DC equivalent (but can be mapped to DC subject).
- Handle by Qubit actor::authorized_form_of_name via related records in event table.
Coverage - spatial
- DC spatial qualifier (refines DC coverage element).
- Handle by Qubit place via related records in object_term_relation table.
Coverage - temporal
- DC temporal qualifier (refines DC coverage element).
- Handle by Qubit historical_event via related records in object)_term_relation table.