Frequently Asked Questions
Main Page > AtoM-FAQ
In this area of the wiki, we will add answers to commonly asked questions about AtoM - troubleshooting advice, how to configure AtoM in specific ways, where to find resources to help answer your questions, and more.
This section of the wiki is a work in progress! Check back soon, we will be adding content shortly. In the meantime, if you have questions or need help troubleshooting, why not post your questions in our User Forum?
We have a whole page explaining how the User Forum works and what kind of support you can expect there - please take a look before posting!
- Installation and Upgrading
- Import and Export
- Search and Browse
- General troubleshooting
- Timeouts (504 errors)
What should I do if I get an error that isn't described here?
First, please try searching the AtoM User Forum for previous posts that may answer your question. Our user forum and its support policies, code of conduct, and other useful tips are all covered on this wiki page: User forum. We also encourage you take a look at the AtoM documentation.
If you can't find any documentation or previous Forum posts that are relevant, then please start a new topic on the User Forum, and be sure to include:
- A subject line that briefly describes the problem (e.g. "Error when I try to move my description to another Fonds")
- A detailed description of how to reproduce the problem
- The full error report you see in your browser. The best way to do this is to take a screenshot of the error page, and attach it to your post, or to save the page itself as HTML and attach that
- Which browser you are using (e.g. "Internet Explorer 8", "Firefox 10")
- Which version of you AtoM are using (e.g. 2.1.0, 2.2, ICA-AtoM 1.3.2, etc)
- If you know about your installation environment, telling us more about it can really help! Are you installed on Linux (which flavor?), or are you virtualizing on another OS? What version of PHP do you have installed? Are you hosting your own instance, or using an external hosting provider? Etc.
- What have you already tried to resolve the issue?
Screenshots are always appreciated as it lets us see exactly what you are doing when the error occurs.
Please take a look at our User forum page first, which outlines our support policies and code of conduct.