Release date: February 10, 2016
Download link atom-2.2.1.tar.gz (TAR)
AtoM 2.2.1 is a bug fix release for AtoM 2.2. We've closed over a dozen user-reported bug tickets and a handful of feature tickets in order to improve some recurring problems with the previous release - you can view more details on each ticket in our issue tracker at the following links:
There are new dependencies in the AtoM 2.2.0 release - if you are upgrading from 2.1 or an earlier release, please follow the upgrade and installation guides carefully. Note especially the new section on asynchronous jobs, which is required for the new Finding Aid generation and PREMIS rights inheritance features in 2.2. If you have questions, why not make a post in our AtoM User Forum?
An overview of some of the major changes is included below.
This feature adds a custom syntax for creating links in text area fields in AtoM, instead of using HTML, which can often negatively affect XML exports. After extensive testing, we decided to implement Redmine-style syntax, as other options could not always be properly parsed.
This will be available in most text areas of all major entities in AtoM (e.g. archival descriptions, authority records, accessions, archival institutions, etc), in the large text area boxes. Some notes on where it will not work:
- It cannot be used in controlled value fields (e.g. those linked to taxonomies)
- It cannot be used on static pages - here it is acceptable, and even expected, to use HTML
- RAD Title notes do not currently support this feature.
More information available at the links below:
- Related issue ticket: #8410
- Related documentation: Formatting
We’ve also updated the HTML scrub script we released with 2.2 to replace HTML links with the new linking syntax, and included the scrubber as a CLI task built into AtoM.
- Related issue tickets: #8574, #9184
- Related documentation: HTML scrub task
Other bug fixes and usability enhancements
The 2.2.1 release addresses several critical and high priority bug fixes from the 2.2.0 release. These include:
- #9027 - A user-reported issue where linking an accession record to an existing donor resulted in a 500 error.
- #8784 - User-reported issue where changes in the event table were not fully integrated in the models.
- #9034 - User-reported issue where database migration failed due to an unknown foreign key.
- #8795 - User-reported issue where EAC export failed if the authority record is linked as the creator of an archival description.
- #9254 - Issue where EAD XML export failed for public users if the last child of the description was in draft.
- #8906 - Issue where the radNoteGeneral column was breaking the CSV import process.
See our issue tracker for a full list of bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
For users curious to see some of the earlier major 2.2.0 features in action, we have a webinar recording available:
See also the 2.2 Release announcement for more information on some of the major 2.2 features.