General information on the Accessions module can be found at:
(Accession module tests updated 2018-09-27 to conform with AtoM 2.4)
A Logged-in User should be able to create and save an accession record
- Clicking Add > Accession record opens accession record edit screen
- Accession number data field is automatically populated by the system with a date and incremental integer. This field cannot be altered by the user prior to v2.4. In 2.4 and after, the field can always be edited, and may not be populated if the Accession mask setting in Admin > Settings is off.
- Acquisition date field is automatically populated by the system with the current day's date. User can change this date with the calendar GUI.
- User can enter data into required fields (free text).
- Clicking Create closes edit screen and opens view accession record screen
- Clicking Edit opens edit screen
- User clicks Donor/Transferring body area and section for data entry opens.
- Clicking Add new opens the donor dialog box. Fill in donor name and contact information then click Submit. Donor name should be visible in accession record edit template with the options to edit (pencil icon), delete (x symbol) or add another donor to the accession record (add new hyperlink text). User should be able to add and edit/delete multiple donors.
- Edit the existing donor name and contact information by clicking on the pencil icon. Donor dialog box opens.
- Select the delete symbol to delete the donor information.
- User clicks Admin area and begins to add/edit information in the Admin area.
- Can select from drop-down list.
- Can select creator name from dynamic list selection or can enter new creator name.
- Can add free text to data entry boxes.
- Option to click save and make sure creator name is presented in the view accession record screen as a hyperlink. Click on hyperlink creator name and user should be redirected to view authority record screen
- User clicks Add new rights in button block after saving description (see also Rights module tests)
- Clicking Add new opens the rights edit page
- Can select Acts from drop-down pick list provides users with 7 acts to select: delete, discover, display, disseminate, modify, migrate and replicate
- Can select restriction drop-down list, 3 options: Allow, Conditional, and Disallow
- Can modify date field "start" and enter data into date field "end"
- Can select existing names from dynamic list in Rights holder field, or can input new name into field.
- Can enter free text in Rights notes field
- Can select Basis from drop-down list: copyright, license, statute, policy and donor
- Can add multiple Rights to a single Basis
- Can Click on Submit. Rights should be visible in accession record edit template with the options to edit, delete; add another right to the accession record continues to work from the
- Option to click save and make sure rights holder name is presented in the view accession record screen as a hyperlink. Click on hyperlink rights holder name and user should be redirected to view rights holder screen.
- Click save and view accession record screen.
- A logged-in User should be able to read all content and link to related content
- Accession number
- Acquisition date
- Source of acquisition
- Location information
- Related donor should provide a link to view donor screen
- Contact information
- Acquisition type
- Resource type
- Creators should provide a link to view authority record screen
- Archival history
- Scope and content
- Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
- Physical condition
- Received units
- Processing status
- Processing priority
- Processing notes
- Related right should include information about the act, restrictions, start & end date, rights holder, notes and basis.
- Rights holder should provide a link to view rights holder screen
- Unauthenticated users cannot enter URL to an accession and navigate directly there; option to navigate to accessions is not visible in menus for unauthenticated users
A logged-in User should be able to edit the accession record
- One method of editing is to Click the Edit button at the bottom of the view accession record screen and user should be directed to the edit accession record screen
- Another method of editing is to Click on the Area title bar of the section you want to edit.
- Click on accession number. Accession number is editable. (In instances prior to 2.4 this data is NOT editable.)
- All other data entry fields in the accession record can be edited.
- Click on Save to be directed to the View accession record screen.
- Click on Create information object button. User should be directed to view archival description screen.
- Title (ISAD) Title Proper (RAD) should be populated with information from title of accession record.
- Name of creator should be populated with information from accession record.
- Archival history (ISAD) Custodial history (RAD) should be populated with information from accession record.
- Scope and content should be populated with information from accession record.
- Physical characteristics (ISAD) Physical condition (RAD) and technical requirements should be populated with information from accession record
- Name access point should be populated with the creator name from the accession record
- Rights should be populated with the rights added into the accession record
- Accession number should be a hyperlink. Click on link and user is directed to view accession record screen
- Click on Deaccession button and user is directed to edit deaccession record edit template.
- Click on Add accrual button and user is directed to an accrual record/accession edit template.
- Click on Delete button and user is directed to a question screen that asks for confirmation of deletion of specific accession record.
A logged-in User can manage accession records using browse and search
- Can select accessions from the Manage menu bar drop-down list
- Can sort accessions by name Most Recent, Accession Number, Title, or Acquisition Date
- Can click on hyperlink accession identifier or title and be directed to View accession record screen
- Can search accessions by partial or exact accession identifier, and on other fields from the accessions dedicated search box (but see #9290)