User should be able to navigate hierarchies by expanding and collapsing objects, clicking on objects to open their show screens, and dragging and dropping objects to change their position within the hierarchy.
Expanding and collapsing objects
- Opening a show screen with multiple levels should show the immediate lower levels with > signs next to them in the context menu box
- Clicking on a > sign should expand the lower level to show its lower levels
- The > sign should turn into a V sign when the object is expanded
- Clicking on the V sign should collapse the object
- In show screens for information objects or taxonomy terms with more than 10 siblings or children, the hierarchy treeview shows only the first 6 siblings or children
- A button with ellipses [...] appears as a node at the bottom of the treeview
- Clicking on the button shows 4 more objects
- If the aggregation has more than 10 siblings, the [...] button will reappear beneath the 10th object.
- Clicking the ellipses button again will create a slider to the right of the treeview, and will display 4 more objects at a time.
- As the user scrolls down the slider, the treeview will automatically keep populating the hierarchy in 4-object increments until the user selects the desired object or all sibling information objects are displayed
- When selecting an information object for display in the show screen that is lower than 6th in the hierarchy, the object is shown in the hierarchy treeview along with 4 siblings in either direction (up and down). As such, a maximum total of 9 information objects are displayed in the treeview when the showscreen displays an object that is lower than the 6th in the hierarchy - the object currently selected and up to 8 other siblings.
- An ellipses button [...] will be displayed on either side of the treeview hierarchy. Clicking on the button will expand the treeview to display further siblings, in increments of 4.
- If the user has expanded the treeview down the hierarchy, the slider bar will reappear, and the treeview will automatically populate the hierarchy in 4 object increments as the user scrolls down.
Dragging and dropping objects
- User should be able to drag an object with the mouse and drop it into another part of the hierarchy issue 2410
- If an object has child levels, dragging and dropping the object into another part of the hierarchy also moves all of the child levels
- Users should not be able to drag and drop if they are not logged in or do not have update permissions